Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blind Spots

So I guess checking your mirrors and blind spots is no longer a part of everyday driving? Seriously, how does one survive without due care while out and about everyday?

Yesterday, while on my way home for lunch, someone nearly clipped the front end of my new Terrain! Blasphemy I tell you!
I was heading north on a road I drive at least 4 times a day and decided to take the right lane (it's a 4 lane road...) because the vehicles in the left lane were moving a little slow for my taste. It didn't seem to bother anyone and it usually doesn't. If anything, all they do is either speed up to get ahead of me for their turn or they fall back and pull in behind me. Never had anyone actually tried to drive into the side of my vehicle....

....Until yesterday. If I had kept my speed she would've clipped the front end of my vehicle. Of course I slowed down because I don't want damage to my vehicle (who ever really wants that anyway, well I guess the woman who almost did it to me). I then honked my horn and it didn't even look like she was fazed one bit by what happened. I do admit, there has been a time or two where I've done the same thing, but if they honk their horn at me I at least acknowledge the fact that I was in the wrong and give them the 'sorry' wave. Isn't that the common sense thing to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment