Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Road Rage

I think I've come across at least 3 things in the last few weeks that I really wanted to blog about but then never got around to it and now I can only remember one of them...

One day last week, I was going through the Timmies drive through to get my afternoon caffeine fix on a day I was feeling fairly sluggish and even on a good day, that parking lot is just an accident waiting to happen. Fortunately nothing happened to me that day, but I couldn't believe what one woman was doing while following an elderly man that was driving fairly slow around the parking lot.

Its a very tough parking lot to just whiz through because of drivers who don't pay enough attention when backing up or others whizzing through so fast that one second no ones coming so you decide its safe to back up and suddenly there's someone at your rear. My hubby has had someone back into his brand new truck not even 3 months after buying it because of a negligent driver.

Back to the story:
That day, the woman following this old man was so frustrated his slow driving that she was yelling obsenities out her window for everyone to hear as well as hammering on her horn as though it was going to get him to move faster. I've learned hat usually doesn't work when following the elderly. Granted I yell and scream in my vehicle when following slow drivers, but only when the windows are up so no one can hear me and usually only on the roads and not in parking lots (unless its unbelievably slow...). As soon as the gentleman pulled into a parking lot, she sped off. I was kind of hoping she would hit someone backing out of a parking space after that little show to put her in her place. She should be thanking him for making her slow down in that parking lot before something terrible happens, which I kind of hope does just teach her to slow down, but I doubt that would actually happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment